- General Terms
For the purpose of this website, references to “Haven Street”, “us”, “our”, “we”, etc. may also include our corporate affiliates, some of which include Solace Health Inc., TerrAscend Corp., and Terra Health Network Inc.
- Collection, Use, and Storage of Personal Information
A) What is “Personal Information” ?
In order to follow the applicable laws, and to provide you with the best possible service, we collect information from various sources (we’ll explain who, below). This information may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, address, other contact information, gender and birthdate;
- Credit card or other payment information;
- Ordering and shipping information for our products and services;
- Any preferences or feedback you may give us;
- Demographic and profile data (through cookies, IP addresses, and other metadata); and
- Any other information you volunteer, or we are permitted or required by law or regulation to collect.
B) How Do We Collect Information?
Short answer: you give it to us. Haven Street collects Personal Information from customers, their representatives (if applicable), and others (for the rest of this document, each of these sources of information will be bunched into the term “Individual” or “Individuals” so we don’t have to list them each time). When an Individual purchases a product, or shares information through our website, in person, or through any other channel, we collect Personal Information. We may also collect additional Personal Information as the relationship continues to grow.
Our goal is to get to know you better so we can serve you better.
C) Will You Get Permission Before Collecting My Personal Information?
Yes. But please be aware that your consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by an Individual’s conduct, such as by the purchase or use of our products.
Keep in mind, anything you offer up willingly, including on any message boards or through social media, could be collected, published, reposted, and is considered public.
D) Why Do You Need My Personal Information?
A few reasons:
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- To provide any requested services, products, or information:
- Profile and historical purchase data to assist with a transaction;
- Payment information to process a transaction;
- Contact information to deliver products or services;
- Account information to audit the integrity of its data.
- Managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
- Maintaining business records and generally managing and administering business including defending and bringing legal actions;
- Meeting insurance, security and processing requirements;
- Analyzing, developing and improving our product services and offerings;
- Providing updates, alerts, bulletins, or other similar communications about our products and services;
- Providing news, promotions and other communications about products and services; and
- For additional purposes that we will identify at or before the time of collection, or as required by law or regulation.
E) Do You Keep My Information Forever?
- Disclosure of Personal Information
A) When Will You Disclose My Identifying Personal Information?
First, let us explicitly state that we will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which we collected it, except with consent or as required or permitted by law. There are however, some very reasonable times where we do disclose Personal Information:
- Under requirement by law or regulation (for example to respond to lawful access requests from law enforcement personnel regarding clients and caregivers)
- To law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences, in connection with the prevention or investigation of suspected fraudulent activities or harm to individuals or property, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in connection with an emergency that warrants use or disclosure of the information;
- To third party insurers, for billing and administrative purposes;
- To legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of our business or operations;
- As consented to by an Individual from time to time, including for fulfilling any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected; and
- To our affiliates, partners, providers, directors, officers, or employees, including those outside of Canada, for internal audit, management, billing, or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
B) When Will You Disclose My Non-Identifying Personal Information?
In order to improve our processes, products and service offerings, we may from time to time make use of aggregated and non-identifying information (hereafter “Aggregated Data”) for research purposes, such as to better understand the needs and wants of our customers and users. This means we may have to disclose information to third party services, but all of the information will be anonymous at that point.
Sometimes these third party services will be located outside of Canada, but when this is the case, reasonable measures are taken to protect Personal Information while processed or handled, and we ensure that these third parties’ policies with regard to privacy are subject to legal requirements in Canada and other foreign countries as applicable.
How Does Haven Street Protect My Private Information?
A file containing each Individual’s Personal Information will be maintained in our (or our service provider’s) servers. All of our employees, representatives, and agents will only have access to personal information if necessary in connection with their role. We protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and the appropriate training of our employees. We won’t go into more detail than that, partly to protect the effectiveness of our systems.
- Opting Out
Can I Opt Out of any of the Above?
We may incorporate advertising on third party websites based on an Individual’s previous interaction with our website. These services may include opt out mechanisms that can be accessed by an Individual at any time.
Canada’s Anti Spam Legislation prohibits us from sending “Commercial Electronic Messages”, like advertising emails for example, without consent. You will have an opportunity to opt in to these messages upon registration, but will be able to opt out of them at any time.
- Access and Corrections
A) How Do I Change My Information?
To modify or correct any of Personal Information, or to request access to that information, please contact us and we will assist you directly.
B) Can I See The Personal Information You Have Stored?
Individuals are entitled, with certain legal restrictions, to access and review their Personal Information. Such legal restrictions include, but are not limited to, if providing access to the personal information would impede a criminal investigation or would result in the disclosure of other protected information. If you would like to see what we have, please contact us and we will assist you directly.
Not often, but whenever necessary to better protect both you and ourselves. When we make changes they will be effective as soon as they’re posted, we aren’t going to give every single user of our website notice either, but if anything extremely fundamental changes, we’ll make sure to publicize it.
I Have a Question, Comment, or Concern!
We’d love to hear from you. Please use our mailing or email address below:
TerrAscend Canada and/or firstname.lastname@example.org